ANOTHER BIG SSF NEWS STORY
Another regular Southside Fitness participant surpasses her Muscle toning and Bodyfat reduction target: Lorraine’s weight, cardiovascular endurance, and Bodyfat % was measured at the end of July 2014. The primary target was was to improve muscle tone, and reduce Bodyfat from 27.5%, by a couple of percentage points. What was achieved in approximately 10 weeks following the re-test was as follows:
- An increase by 1.5kg of lean healthy muscle,
- A reduction in Bodyfat by 1.5kg (3lbs approx) from 27.5% to 25% (A bag and a half of sugar in weight)
- An improvement in bodyshape as a result of the above.
- Overall weight remained the same.
- And an improvement in Cardiovascular endurance (ability of the heart and lungs to supply oxygen to the working muscles during continuous moderate and intense movement/exercise)
HOW IT WAS ACHIEVED
Nothing out or the ordinary was required!, but here’s how Lorraine achieved her Target.
*Circuit training on Tuesday and Thursday
*1-2 Runs/Jogs per week at 5 km approx
*10-15 minute walk most days if time allowed
*Breakfast: Low sugar cereal/Porridge, no more toast.
*Dinners: Chicken, brown rice, veg base.
*Stopped using milk in coffee
*Cut out sugar snacks between meals and at night and replaced (if needed) with fruit and nuts.
***Probably the two most important factors in Lorraine’s achievement to date is the development of a good diet, and a good exercise habit which will sustain her into the future
Well done Lorraine
Lorraine was our Female Fitness person of the year for 2014